Quote:
95jersey said:
Quote:
Branimir said:
Relax guys! Ferrari 599GTB will beat Z06 for sure... But, for a LOT more money...

I wouldn't count on it, no matter what the price! Even thought it will have more overall power, it will be on the heavy side (almost 3500lbs). Couple this with a power plant that needs high revs to produce power, and I don't think it will match the 3.6 (0-60) of the C6 Z06 (not that acceleration is everything). C6Z06 will make more torque at 3k rpm than the 599 at 5krpm...guaranteed. Torque wins races, HP sells cars! With over 300lbs weight advantage, and a 1st gear that can hit 60mph without the need for an upshift, I predict with Z06 will hold on to this title.

First of all, it's blasphemous to mention the Zo6 in the same breathe as the 599, nevertheless, I'll indulge your fantasy.

The Enzo engine has been reworked to produce a nearly flat torque curve between 2k-5k rpm. So, put a hold on your guarantee...

Quote:
95jersey said:

I do think the Ferrari will have a higher top speed. As far as a race track...again with the additional torque and weight advantage, I would still put my money on the Z06.

Without question the 599 will exceed speeds of 200mph. The zo6 can only hope for a 10 mile tailwind to push it beyond 200mph.

As for track work: the 599's first four gears are shortened specifically for such a task. The Z06's long first gear is a disadvantage.

Quote:
95jersey said:

Also GM has announced they will produce a limited version of the Z06 either next year or the following, that is supposedly total carbon fibre wrapped, 650+hp, and down to 2850lbs. The car will come in just under $100k US and will have performance numbers equal or better than Enzo.We shall see

Which will result in a precipitous drop in Z06 sales. Big mistake!