Khalid, I think I understand your perspective, and I believe I have a simple cure for your "Porsche blues": Take it to a track.
It's that simple. The 997s is an amazing car and among the absolute best in the world when it comes to handling. Trouble is you will only get the "whoohoo, I'm sitting in my Porsche"-feeling and not the "Yeeeeehaaw! Now I know what they are talking about"-feeling if you only use the car for everyday commutes and practical needs.
I'm guessing you floor it once in a while, but it is NOWHERE near the same ballpark as taking the car to a track and letting it stretch out.

I had my Boxey for 9 months before tracking it, and the first thing I asked myself after the initial hour on the track was "why the heck didn't I do this sooner???".

A trackday paints a thousand words, so if you haven't already done so, and if you wanna know why there indeed IS no substitute, find yourself a trackday.
You can thank me later

And regarding Mr. Troll par excellence:
Nick's specialty is divorce law and pushing people's Porsche buttons.
In fact, he is a champion. If you let him he will be thrilled.

I've been with Rennteam for a little over a year now, and I have never seen a post from Nick where the theme isn't somehow twisted into "P's suck, F's rock". It's a way of life.
And in a sick way I find that very entertaining

It's also entertaining that Nick - according to his own post on the F board - has quality issues with his F430...after less than what..500 miles on the street? He has a gorgeous car whose biggest advantage is its ability to maintain its value...if you dont drive it. Not exactly what I would categorize as automotive enthusiasm, but we're all different.

It's kinda like dating [insert name of the woman of your wet dreams here] and opting not to get intimate with her, because you're afraid she will mess up your hair.
Making money is nice, but if it's not put to use and if you don't turn it into something that makes you happy...it's just money...and whats the fun in that?

I'd love to see a trackday drive report from both Nick and Khalid.
Sportscars are made for driving. Not storage.

Read more philosophical psycho-babble at www.drphil.com