Christian,

You are one of my favourite people to debate with. But in this case, I cannot find anything you said to debate! I agree with you 100%.

I really do think you are completely right that many Porsche people have unrealistic expectations of what they are capable of doing and what the car can do for them. They lose track of the fact that the car isn't just really expensive but is also a collection of compromises which are all oriented towards speed.

And I have to admit, even I, who thought he knew lots about them, didn't really realise what the car was capable of and what it would demand from me until I had had it for a while.

No question that only a very few people are really willing to use these cars the way that they are intended. And I honestly think that those few are all certifiably insane.

Speaking of which, please tell me something Christian, now that you've got your new Porsche (and by the way, congratulations!), are you going to drive it with the same vigour as you drove your last Porsche?

Stephen