Hi,

I had a 996 C4S for a couple of years and now a 997 Carrera S for 12 months. I was going to order a turbo but am struggling to justify the Pounds45,000 it's going to cost to change. In the UK it's very difficult to actually use the performance of the 997S yet alone a Turbo. There are so many speed cameras and unmarked police cars that I prefer to drive fast but not ridiculously fast that could result in a ban or worse.

Anyway I've just seen the photos of the new GT3 and absolutely love the way it looks. I've always loved the looks of bucket seats and roll bar that the club sport package would give me. What I am worried about is whether the GT3 is a suitable car for road driving? I would use the car mainly weekends but also to do a short commute to work most days (less than 3 miles). I don't need any luggage space as I have a 3 series I can use for shopping, etc.

Would the GT3 be too uncomfortable and too unforgiving for road use. I don't really intend to track the car although may well look into this if I get the GT3 as long as I can get suitable insurance.

I guessing the GT3 will be about Pounds80k which would be a Pounds20k upgrade from the 997S which is OK with me and I think it would be more fun to drive than a Turbo?

Opinions please!

Wolvy