Quote:
Rufie said:

I don't like to say it, but if continues I will get the impression that some guys here are spoiled and have luxury-problems.

Rufie

Quote:
RC said:
Today, Porsche drivers are viewed different by people, I can tell it by their looks, by their comments at the fuel station or at my dealer or even when I'm washing my car. People don't consider us Porsche drivers to be freaks like many years ago, they consider us to be rich and spoiled people who are just showing off their toy. Nothing more and nothing less.
Do you think it is written on my forehead that I'm one of the people behind Rennteam? Do you think people can read from your nose that you're the hell of a track driver and you love driving your Porsche? Or do you think people believe you when you tell them that you're enjoying a lonesome ride into the sun along the street, just for fun?
Nahhh, we're just a bunch of rich and spoiled wannabees and whenever these people see a crashed Porsche, it actually confirms their prejudice. So what do I care about these people? To be honest? I don't care at all.

I think you care, all of us on reading this board care, because we know their assumtptions are wrong. We know anyone reading this board is a 'nut' to some degree. Perhaps we are a slightly evolved 'nut' from the hard-core owners of the past, and yes, until they get to know us, they incorrectly assume. But we love these cars not because of the 'bling' factor, but because they put smiles on our faces and some fear, respect and love in our hearts. All of the P owners I know, regardless of car age / taste are nuts. When they see us performing nutty duties, hopefully they can add, and then learn that we are not mere brats.

Signs of a nut:
we wash the car ourselves, in our way, using our own techniques
we ease it over bumps / uneven surfaces
we find that car park where a door ding is least likely
we always double check tire pressure
never spill a drop of petrol at the station
am happy to spend a whole day detailing the car (i spend hours after summer removing small tar marks)
always wake-up our engines gently
learn more about how to drive (regardless of current level)
need perfection from our dealer's service department

And a lot of this is done by 'new money'. Perhaps you just got unlucky at the gas station.

On the flip side, envy does strange things to people. Let's keep our doors open though!

p.s. yes, marketing is annoying. If 490 was the best possible, then that's acceptable. But if not, then UNACCEPTABLE!