Quote:
Why are so many GT3s being turned in to dealers with very few miles? Are people finding that the GT3 is not a suitable daily driver? Would anybody who owns or has driven a GT3 please comment. Thanks, Chipper

From my personal experience and talks to former GT3 owners and dealers, I think there is one reason why people sell the GT3 with low mileage: it didn't meet their expectations.
Some GT3 owners seem to have expected more sportiness, especially for the track but most of those who sold their GT3 with low mileage seem to have sold it because they expected something more comfortable, something more easy to drive and something more "forgiving". Compared to the 996 C2/C4, the GT3 is a challenge from many points of view. The lack of PSM is already a "problem" for some owners (even if most won't acknowledge it ) and being as fast as a 996 Turbo in a GT3 is almost impossible if you're not a professional race driver. We're talking about cars with practically the same performance.
I also know people who sold their GT2 with low mileage because they were surprised how difficult it was to drive fast.
And if I'm talking about fast, I mean "really" fast.

I met dozens of Porsche owners in my life and all of them were more or less Porsche enthusiasts. Unfortunately most of them also thought they could really drive and handle their car at any driving conditions, a thought which proved to be wrong in most cases. The 911 and especially the GT3 and GT2 are no toys, they are dangerous pieces of machine and can't be compared to a BMW M3, Mercedes SL55 or even a Ferrari 360 Modena. A lot of Porsche owners don't seem to realize that and buying the "most sporty" Porsche at a reasonable price, the GT3, somehow gives them the feeling that they're the Porsche dudes. Little later, they realize that this car is a real challenge, a challenge most of them aren't willing to take because they either don't have the ability nor do they want to learn. I remember a customer at my Porsche dealer to whom I talked to and he told me that the GT3 is "undriveable". When I sold my 996 Turbo RS-Tuning (equipped with H&R coilover kit, etc.), the first two guys who testdrove it also said that the car is "undriveable". This is ridiculous. If somebody owned a SL500 before, I'm sure that switching to a GT3 would give him a pretty bad experience. Yes, the GT3 is stiff but it is supposed to be a sportscar, right? And yes, the GT3 is "nervous" at high speeds and driving at the limit without PSM is like driving on a blade. But who cares, this is why I would buy a GT3, right?
I really recommend to anybody who's interested in buying a GT3 to think about the motives and also try to evaluate one's own driving abilities. There is still a 996 C2/C4/C4S/Targa and even the 996 Turbo available...