Quote:
sigs said:
PS CA,

You're a much smarter guy than I am, so I assume you've already factored in all the obvious issues of whether it's the color you want, has the options you want, etc., etc. If the answers are generally yes, this sounds like a pretty decent deal to me, especially if you can maybe hammer a few more perks out of them, like maybe some free service. I'd sure like to hear some details on the 12.5% discount that was posted. That seems awfully steep on an '06, unless the dealer really needed to move that particular vehicle, but I did my shopping last year, so I don't know. I pushed several dealers really hard this time last year on my '05 (ordered, not bought off the lot) and they locked up their "bargaining brakes" before I got to that level of a discount.

Also, how long do you plan to keep it? The longer you drive it, the less difference in resale between an '05 and an '06, so it becomes a better deal in the long run. I'm sure I'm just restating the things you've already considered. Good luck!

Here is how it compares to the vehicle I want:

QV8 Satellite Radio Sirius - Don't want
7A2 6 Disc CD Changer - Don't want
3FE Moonroof - Want
1NP Wheel Hub covers colored crest - Want/don't care
C02 US Standards/Emissions
QR1 Compass Display - Don't want
0TD Front and rear floor mats - Want

Crystal silver metallic with Black smooth leather - Want

The only thing I want that is missing are the 20" Sport Techno Wheels. I have asked them for pricing on these. If they give me a fair price for a set of them I may have to seriously consider this vehicle. I see used 2004's and 05's asking more than this price.

One last problem. The car is 2000 miles away from me. Couldn't find a 2005 anything like the car I want in my area. They will ship, but it adds about $1500 more to the deal.

Phil