Targa Tim,

How do you know the 997S is a better handling car that the V8? Have you driven both? The writer of the article in question might be biased (as you suggest) or maybe he wasn't. One thing I know for sure: he has at least had the opportunity to drive both cars so I'll put greater weight in his opinion than I would the opinion of someone imagining what a particular car is like to drive based on extensive magazine reading. I can honestly say I don't know which car handles better as I haven't driven both.

The Top Gear test is getting a lot of play. I heard somewhere that the driver involved has extensive racing experience with the 911. If this is true (I don't know that it is), surely familiarity with a car is good for a few seconds in wet conditions over cars you might just have sat down in for the first time.

As always, a reminder that there are many reasons to buy one particular vehicle over another and that one size does not fit all. You must know zack in Dubai very well in order to assure him he made the "right" choice.

John