Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
rfakhri said:
As I understood from the web presentation the 997 turbo will be offered with an optional mechanical differential lock with manual shift only. So for those who are going with tiptronic shift, would you sacrifice the mechanical differential lock for a bit of performance that might be picked up by a manual with mechanical differential lock? especially on non straight line performance?

Would you please elaborate the advantage of LSD in a AWD car for me? Have you seen the specs of the new electronically controlled AWD system for the 997 Turbo?

To take advantage of that "extra" (LSD), you need to be the hell of a driver, otherwise it won't help anything since the AWD on the 997 Turbo is so advanced and traction isn't really a problem.

That makes sense. But the problem is that I'm trying to find reasons for those who dont like Tiptronic to stay with manual.

Man . . . I tried Tiptronic on various porsches (none turbo) and just cant make myself like it. I guess personally shouldn't be too bothered at this stage cause I'm getting a Cayman S . . . should do work on liking it until I get there