Quote:
Rafael from Spain said:
When I see all the talk about Manual vs Triptronic vs PDK/SMG/F1 and how people say if Tip is faster I will choose it, I do not really understand, if you where going to race for money with it ok, but why else?. Lets put it in anoher way, if at racing, a fully automated car was allowed (no driver), it is sure that it would be faster than any man-driven one. So, if there was a 997TT with automated steering and throttle control would you buy it because it is 2 second faster from 0-150mph or round the nurburgring than Walter Rohl driving a full manual car?

I know my answer. Live the seconds and automatics to professional drivers. Give me a 1973 RS and let me enjoy my over 9 min lap time around the Ring

Different people want different things. There are a lot of us who would like to have both the best balanced car and the best acceleration. You don't have to have one or the other. And acceleration in a vehicle may mean more to a person in the U.S. than in Europe. Granted, there are those here in the U.S. who don't care as much about a few tenths of a second in terms of acceleration as others. That's fine. But that doesn't mean it's not important to us that do care. And just because you can't really use it "legally" doesn't mean that it's not nice to have, knowing that it has the "potential". That's also important. The real question is why was the manual so dominating in terms of 0-100, 0-200 kmh times in the 996TT and then all of a sudden the world was turned upside down and the tip destroys the manual?