Herbaliser:
Lars997:

The materials in the 7 are comparable to Porsche. If you are going for the basic model you are getting soft touch plastic. If you pay the extra you can have the fully wrapped leather interior in comparable Nappa. 

I don't see how one can compare the 2 interiors. My observation as well the opinion of anyone I know is that the 7's interior is very basic and the Panamera is deeply impressive. Both in terms of design and quality of materials. And the low driving position in the Panamera - there's nothing like it...

The material in the 7 and Porsche is on par. There is no difference. And even to bring up my Volvo - that leather work is on par, too - believe it or not. For all three cars - you must invest into the full Nappa leather - other than that any car looks basic.

The style of dash and interior is a taste of question as some others already figures out earlier in the same thread.

Myself - I'm not fan at all of that Porsche interior. It is way too narrow and doesn't give the roomy feel I would love to have in a full size luxury vehicle. The soft-touch buttons in the Porsche are annoying - you can't feel what you touch and you always have a lot of fingerprints on top of the console. Personally I prefer a spacious and roomy cockpit. I like to have buttons made out of full, aluminium or steel. I like even to have a old fashioned watch in the middle. I love to have wood around me. Keep in mind - I'm talking about an exclusive luxurious full size vehicle. 

The Panamera is a different breed of car. It is the mix of a sports car (911) giving the space and comfort of a sedan. Therefore it has that tight sports car feel in the front. That's why the buttons and console reminds to a sporty car. I think that symbiosis is pretty amazing. But - it is no fish, nor meat. It is different but you have to decide yourself if you are a vegan or not Smiley

I owned 3 BMW 7series and even I always loved that cars I probably will never buy one again. They are too bulky, too long to difficult finding a parking in German cities, hardly space in its trunk. Today - I love to sit high, I prefer having a trunk the size, that I can put anything inside I might probably need on a weekend trip. Again - everything personal taste. And coming back to a Sedan - if I would buy one today I would go for an S-Class - the one and only real luxury Sedan!