Quote:
svtrader1 said:

The F40 has no chance against the the 599 above 100mph!! The F40 has a major power deficit!! You gotta use your head here.

The last thing you want to do is rely on the words of a photographer.

From what I'd heard, at least of the European F40s the power output is just a tad... understated if you know what I mean.

However, I'm ignoring all the basic stats and simply looking at some performance numbers.

In more than one test the F40 gets from 160km/h to 260km/h in 12 seconds or less. That is quicker than several Enzo tests and quicker than all SLR and CGT tests that I know of. The 599 is going to be a smoker, but the F40 is for some reason actually more impressive above 100mph than it should be.

The 599GTB weighs a little less than an SLR and has a very similar power output. It will likely perform in the same ballpark. The F40 also performs in that same ballpark, and perhaps even a little above it considering how it compares to the Enzo.

If we are to believe the tests, of which there are several(Tests)for the 599GTB to approach the pace of the F40 it would need to be essentially as quick, if not quicker than an Enzo above 100mph.