Quote:
Kev_997 said:
The OPC informed me yesterday that going forward, porsche will not allow them them to fit non porsche trackers AT ALL as it will invalidate the warranty - In my mind, it is this attitude that pi es people off. luckily i am sorted, although I don't know where this leaves me on the warranty.

So if you want the most popular tracking device available in the U.K, you can't have it from now on - unless you want to invalidate part of your warranty. Oh - and you have to pay over the odds (Pounds1300 for porsche version .v. Pounds700 for non porsche tracker horizon) to have the porsche version!!!! - This is why some might consider Porsche to be money grabbing - and to be honest - as a first time owner, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth (even though I have not been forced down the porsche tracker route, others will be).

By chance, I have heard the background story to Porsche invalidating warranty repair of electrical problems arising with cars fitted with after-market tracker systems.

They suffered a series of mysterious electric/ electronic system failures, which were eventually traced to irregularities resulting from installation of untested - and therefore non-approved - after-market tracker systems.

I think this was mentioned in a thread somewhere here on rennteam.com.