I heard about so many aquaplaning accidents with the 911 Turbo (993/996) and 996 C4/S. Apparently the AWD gives some sort of added safety feeling and people are too fast. Most of the accidents I heard of happened at speeds around 200 kph on the Autobahn, luckily, nobody seems to have been seriously hurt. AWD cars are great and I love them but sometimes they provide a false safety feel, especially in certain extreme driving conditions. I'll never forget the experience I once had in my Lancia Delta HF Integrale almost 20 years ago. I did a pretty narrow curve at around 80 kph when the car suddently started to slip away sideways ON ALL FOUR WHEELS. I knew about understeer, I knew about oversteer but this was the weirdest experience in my life since the road was dry and it wasn't too cold outside. Without any warning...FULL grip and out of nothing...NO grip. No warning, no shaking, no weird feeling before it happened, it was just like somebody turning a switch off and on. Aquaplaning of course is a different thing but what is dangerous about it is that the PSM (ESP) really doesn't help too much in such a situation.