Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Carlos,

Maybe with the Tiptronic, the TT's electronics allow it to adjust and "synchronize" engine torque to optimally match traction and the rotational mass of the AWD system when the tiptronic changes gears.

Maybe Jim, its a good point, but we are talking about a huge difference between the 996TT's Tip and the 997TT's Tip compared to the respective manual... was the 996TT Tip that horrible with so much room for improvement? I don't think so personally.
And then there is the fact that "electronic sycronisation" has to bring out such a degree of improvement from a 5-gear slush box that I don't think posible in order to beat a 6-speed manual. A single clutch secuential witch is light as a manual, very very fast and does not take any torque form the engine during the shifts can only match the acceleration times of the manual version, a double clutch just manages to beat it by a margin. But the allways lagging behind 5-gear torque converter Tip can all of a sudden not only match but beat the manual being offered?

I can't help but think that there is more behind this that meets the eye, and there is something we don't know yet.