Sorry, as much as I value your opinion, I have to state that far too many people are stating their discontentment over the, well... perceived lack of sufficient power?!, and the ever constant issues whether to "tip" or not to "tip". I'm sorry, but I adamntly feel that Porsche got it sooooo right with this rocket. As far as manual v. tip, like the aforementioned minorities stated; go with the passion, who cares about a couple of hundreths of a second in a perfect environment. Do you really want to drive an auto over the fantastic stick through the twisties, or for that matter, anywhere.
For me the sky's the limit as far as horsepower goes, however, with that said, Porsche does many things right, one of which is keeping the previous customer loyal and from feeling cheated over their last purchase by their method of slight increases over the years. How would YOU feel if you just forked over 130,000.00K+, just to have your recently purchased 996TT, become basically obsolete.
M6, M5, AMG, whatever, they all hev far more weight and far less torque; AMG excluded. This beast will most likely best the best, or at least match, that Ferrari (Enzo, etc...excluded of course), Lambo, and the rest have to offer.
I love this car. I don't have to WIN every drag race. The immeasureable pleasure of this driver's car can't be measured only by stats.
This isn't addressed to anyone in particular just my 2
cents. Sorry if I offended anyone.