Ale - Good to hear your thoughts on the comparison. I look forward to your commentary after break-in.

As far as the X51 to TT speculation - I am firmly in the normally aspirated camp. I have a C2S X51 PCCB on order, priced higher (before discount) than the new Turbo and I have no intention of changing it. While the turbo power and marquee are very appealing, the car just looks too fussy for my tastes.

I've never been a fan of the side air intakes as they butcher the sexiest contours of the car. The Turbo front light assemblies (LEDs & fogs) appear more as shiny baubles than the uniform and elegant integrations on the normally aspirated models. And the rear wing, though more tasteful to my eyes than the ready for track-work GT3 wing I just can't stomach it as more than a superfluous appendage.

As far as engine power, 381 horses are fine for me. I tracked the base 997 and 997S at PDE and the S felt plenty powerful. Two wheel driving also suits me better. If four wheel drive was my priority I'd buy an Audi.

Finally, all this talk of resale doesn't jive with my genetic makeup. I buy this car for keeps and will drive her till the wheels fall off, the mechanicals become irretrievable, or my bank account cries uncle. More a love affair than joy ride for hire.