WHY DO YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT 0-60 AND HORSEPOWER FIGURES? Seriously, I never expected this from you, RC, of all people. I'm sorry to say this but your post is just whinny and ridiculous. Look at what you're saying. You're complaining about a car that no one has driven.

Why don't you go buy a dragster instead of a sports car? Sports cars are about more than straight line performance and HP figures. Seriously stop complaining about why the car doesn't have more than 500hp. It's so shallow and lame. Do you realize that 510hp is merely 6% more hp than 480hp? That is nothing. I seriously doubt you can tell the difference when we're talking about this much power.

Your whole Tiptronic argument is just PAINFUL. You're worried about a school boy or an old lady beating you in a straight line? Be reasonable here. Do you live at the drag strip? Do you care that much about straight line acceleration that you're willing to buy something that you despise just incase an old lady in a Triptronic Turbo pulls up to race you at a stop light? You're willing to sacrifice driver involvement (manual transmission) for quicker straight line acceleration. Your post seriously hurts to read. Did you actually write this? .3 seconds slower from 0-60 is nothing unless you live by a stop watch.

You're disappointed that the Turbo in manual is basically equal to the Ferrari F430? What are you talking about? The F430 is an amazing car. For one minute, don't look at the badge. The F430 is a masterpiece and it costs way more than a Turbo. You should be happy that the Turbo can keep up with such a car. How can you complain when the new Turbo is better in every regard over the last Turbo? I think you had unrealistic expectations for this car. It's a 911 Turbo, not a Bugatti Veryon. This car will keep up with almost any supercar you can find and it only costs 120k US. It doesn't get much better than that, except maybe the Z06.

Could Porsche have made this car better? Sure, but the same could be said for ever car ever made! The Carrera GT could have been better. So could have the Ferrari Enzo. I feel like you're just looking for stuff to complain about. The new Turbo does have a lot of great things going for it; an awesome variable turbo system, new bigger brakes, a decrease in weight (hurrah!), and a super slick electronic AWD system. I think you're just being extremely unreasonable.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BUYING THIS CAR? You say you don't want it and that you don't have cash to waist but here you are spending all this money for a car you don't want. I feel like you're buying this car for all the wrong reasons and on top of that, you don't even like it.

My favorite line from your post is: "I know that it is too late to complain about the new 997 Turbo." So what is the point of all this?