I put 280 miles on my X51 over the week-end. It is an amazing world class car. I owned an 89 930(5 speed 296 HP). The 997 makes that car seem primitive in all respects. I have driven standard 997S and drove an 04 Turbo before making decision to opt for X51, and I am not disapointed. I just got out of an 04 CTT so I know what a high HP and torque auto can do. Kept the revs below 5000, but drove the car hard to that point, utilizing the short shift fully. The car pulls immediately from the start, and on the highway, the passing power and torque are superb.
I have no desire to EVER track the car. This car exceeds any acceleration or handling capabilities I desire. In everday city and highway driving, the X51 is unreal. And I have yet to take it past 5000 RPM.
The sound from the PSE with Sport Chrono engaged is not to be believed. When I think of the $$ spent over the years in after market exhaust, and PSE comes from the factory.
Price ot X51 vs. TT was never a consideration for me. I knew what I wanted. Much can be said for resale, depreciation highly optioned car etc, but all that is a personal choice. I really enjoy the feel of a 2WD auto that is naturally breathing in high revs.
And no one is going to be dropping the top of a 997 TT cab this summer in USA