Quote:
throt said:

RC & Fanch ,,

Do you guys potentially see the GT3 as a real handful for a first P owner , I mean it cannot be no worse than when I was 21 years old owning bikes such as the GSXR 1100 and the GPZ900R surely . Every driver knows ( well they should ) when there pushing there vehicle near the limit , hence the initial variuos vehicular feedbacks .

I stand to be corrected , please ..

throt..

Yes and no.
No bc at legal limits on the open road, anyone can drive a GT3. I drove a GT2 and it was fine within reason.
I'm talking driving the car, really driving, at the apex, going for a time on the track see.
Last weekend and yesterday, I lapped without PSM, and it makes a huge difference. Fantastic to learn as it tells you exactly where and when you're doing something wrong (too much lift off oversteer, gas instead of counter steer, etc.) compared to a lap with PSM sport mode.
GT3 is much more of a race car than the 997S, doesn't mean less forgiving but you need proper driving skills to exploit the car further.
The horses are very high in the rev range (same torque than a powerkit 997 but 35 hp more) so you'll always be at the apex, although that's the sweet, and fun, spot with a 911.
It'll demand great concentration if you want to drive fast on country roads too.
With 997S, even when PSM off (which I wouldn't do on open roads anyway, it always comes back on when the ABS comes on).
If you've got the skills, by all means, go fot it mate!
It's not an age thing.
For now 381 hp is plenty for me, I do see the GT3 however as the natural progression, but that'll mean a second GT car for my vacation trips etc.
Right now, I can do everything with mine which is what I wanted.