Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Trundle 997S in fact all the litigants had sign waivers. Generally,they are valid and upheld by the courts. However, the waivers do not apply to Porsche because none were signed regarding Porsche.

Nick, please answer me this:
If you go to a track, let's say California Speedway, with your F430, and you end up in the same situation Ben and Cory did; you are racing down the straight at close to 150 mph, when another car pulls out in front of you. You swerve, slide, hit the concrete barrier and you die. After you've been buried 20 feet deep, since deep down you lawyers are really nice guys, would you want your wife to sue Ferrari?
Answer honestly, please.

If the car in some way contributed to my death, yes. Assume just for argument that he was shown that Porsche new the CGT had a propensity to spin out at high speeds as a result of the slightest lifting of the throtte and turning of the wheel ( I do not if that is the case). What if anything to would you expect Porsche to do?

If you take the approach that personal responsibility is all that matters consider the consequences and how it would impact your everyday life. Products placed on the market which are dangerous not only to the users but to those around the users and society saying should you or others be injuried tough you choose to use a dangerous product.

My point is personal responsibility needs to extend to everyone in the stream of commerce. Otherwise, none of us would be buying sport cars because we do not want to risk our lives to enjoy the car. Put another way, producing reasonably safe sport cars increases sales.

Nick, even if the car had a tendency to spin out at high speeds, this doesn't make the manufacturer at fault. Travelling at high speed presents its inherent risks. Do you seriously think your F430 or an Enzo wouldn't have spun out? You can't fight the laws of physics and that's something we need to take into account when driving at such high speeds.
Now, you haven't answered this the way I hoped you would. If it were you in YOUR OWN F430, losing your life in the exact same situation, would you want your wife to sue?
Regarding safe sports cars, you can only go so far with complete safety. For ultimate performance you need to get rid of all the electronic aids (with the exception of ABS). Why does your 430's Manettino switch have the option to shut down all aids? Would your wife sue Ferrari if you wiped out with that option selected?
I know what a safe sports car is: one driven at 60 mph tops. Anything faster than that cannot guarantee you safety and crashing at 160+ mph isn't the responsibility of the manufacturer.
Now please Nick, just for the sake of this argument, answer me:
"If you, Nick, crashed and died in the exact same situation at the California Speedway, the difference being you driving the Ferrari 430, would you want your wife to sue?"