Quote:
997Fan said:
My son wants to order a 2006 Boxster - he's been driving my 997S a little too much and I think he needs his own sports car

LoL - I never thought that a 997S ownership might require a "collateral investment" into a Boxster

Your son seems to have a good taste (not only) regarding colours (classy combo he's looking for) just like his dad (thinking of the beautiful pics of your 997S)

Just some thoughts about the specs:

IMO the lighter colours like sand are calling for the full leather option (standard looks a little plasticky IMO) - maybe wortwhile considering to swap against some other options on your list in case your son doesn't like to stretch the budget I take, that the top will come in metropole blue ?

If you're considering the 2.7 base model, I think 18" do not come as "standard" (maybe diferent in the US though).

Also, as your son has become accustomed to the power of the 997 S you may consider to get a plain vanilla 987 S (or even a pre-owned lightly specced 987 S) rather than a better optioned base model

In order to decide 2.7 vs. 3.2 definitely go for an extended testdrive

And make sure that we don't read the following post from your son in a couple of months:

"My dad is driving my 987 a little too much during summer - how can I persuade him to get a 997 S cab on his own"

Good luck with the further spec process