Quote:
dsts6 said:
www.brammo.com
check it out,
they are comming out with a midengine v8 and v12, american made. The design looks cool, perhaps a little European.

Does anyone know about the Ariel Atom in the US and whether its attainable at this point. My father is consiering ordering one from Brammo who puts it together in the US.

I understand Brammo sources the 2.0L Ecotec engine used in the CobaltSS for 140-300HP depending on specified package, and at 1,200lb, that makes for some good power-to-weight ratio figures (300/0.545 = 555HP/ton, those are Viper-esque numbers). Technically, it's a kit car, meaning, for you and your family in California, only 500 kit or "component" cars are registered per annum, so your Dad will have to get in line at his California DMV the first business day after New Year's of 2007 to register one, since the 500 are assigned in less than 48 hours. Being a kit car, the vehicle needs to be shipped to the USA in "pieces" (i.e., chassis sans engine and tranny) so Brammo would then do the install, and for the 300HP package, I think the whole deal is around $75,000.

Good luck to you and your Dad.