Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
Hey RC.

Sorry for my ignorance.

But how many times can you use the overboost function?You use it and then you have to wait some time to cool it off or this "gismo" work diferent.

Thanks.

No waiting - you can use it a million times (if you drive the car long enough). It is hardwired into the computer chip that controls the motor. You press the pedal and it goes - very simple. I suppose that the Sport Chrono will need to be turned on, but otherwise you just drive normally...

Yep, this is how I foresee it. Two questions I have:
1. Any thoughts on this 10-second limit? The more I think about this, the more I can't foresee overboost being activated continuously for that long anyhow, since one would normally rev the car higher than the top rpm of the overboost range-assuming he were driving the car properly.
2. Any idea what else the Sports Chrono Turbo option (I would think a must-have given the overboost component) will contain based on the 997NA option, and would there be any other disadvantages to having the option on the 997TT just to get the overboost? Besides the annoying analog clock on top of the dash-Porsche should have integrated the clock digitally into the main console, IMO.