Quote:
PandaMan said:
how much depreciation will you see for a year old Turbo with about 7 000 miles.

I really hope theres no market value hike.

Actually, if the 997 Turbo stands up to the expectations people have (or even better), I don't see many used Turbo available in the first year of production, at least not at much below MSRP. I even predict that over the first months after introduction, some people will need to pay a premium to get a new or slightly used 997 Turbo.

It really depends on how succesful the Turbo is, it depends on the "coolness" factor and it depends on how much cars will be available in the first year of production.

I doubt that you'll get a used 997 Turbo with low mileage below MSRP in the first year of production but like I said before, it really depends on expecations of customers and if the 997 Turbo really meets them.

How long do I plan to keep my car? Well, since it is going to be a business car, I need to take a five year lease because the 997 Turbo won't be a bargain. Over the years, I'll try to add the powerkit and if not possible, some sort of other "upgrade" but nothing really spectacular, only just to keep up with the competition over the next few years.