Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
RC said:I'm also curious to hear if the overboost also increases the maximum power figure. Of course it may be possible that power increases by 10% too (like the torque) but ONLY at certain rev figures, so the maximum power output never exceeds 480 HP.

Yes, this is exactly what I expect. If you have 10% more torque at 3,000 rpm then you also have 10% more power in that range by definition. But, I expect the overboost won't work much above 4,500rpm in order to preserve the 480hp peak power level. I'll be interested to hear what you learn. If it works to 6k revs, then peak power would be about 528hp...

Yes,

I suspect this is one area in which the tuners can also prevail, fiddling with the overboost, as well as the ECU control of max. boost pressure settings for the VTG's. I'm still not sure what this 10 seconds figure means-I would think that if overboost could act for 10 seconds, then it would have to act for > 4,500rpm's, since mashing down on the throttle for 10 seconds surely would rev the car past 4,500rpm's-in fact, one would have to gently tap the throttle to keep it revving for 10 seconds in one gear-this makes me wonder what the significance of overboost is-is it just a torque and power-LIMITER when the Sports Chrono Turbo is set off, in which case, what's the point of that? I'll be keen to learn what the stock 997TT VTG's can handle safely, given the reported thermal stresses, requiring "space shuttle" materials to protect the exhaust system-I never thought I would say this, but it turns out that the 911 Turbo benefits from the efforts of the US space shuttle program.