Gents, AM and 997 are both hot cars but they are really different. While I have been a Porsche guy all my life I respect the AM cars. It's perfectly normal for us to be partial towards what we have in our garages. The one point no one can argue is that Porsche is more reliable than the AM, as German cars have always been more reliable than the British and the Japanese cars have been the most reliable of all of them. Does that mean I would buy a Honda over a Porsche, NO of course not. AM drives beautifully while to me it is not as sporty as the 997 but it does sound better than the 997. I would like to have them both but if I had to choose PORSCHE would be the winner. I don't know some of the postings get hostile and people act a bit childish here and there. So what Mr. X thinks this or Mr. Y says that. Drive what gives you pleasure there are many fine cars out there just like there many fine homes out there and just like there are many fine women out there but we can not possibly all make the same choice, feel and think the same as life would be so boring. We are all on this forum for one reason, WE ARE ALL CAR NUTS and we live to drive. So we can share opinions without throwing rocks at each other, right??? PEACE GENTLEMEN