Quote:
69bossnine said:
I had left it alone, but I'll also chime in that LB's opinion, while he's certainly welcome to his opinion, is most definitely a razor-thin minority.

There's similarly some people out there who think all 911's are disgusting looking, and call them over-priced Beetles.

You just can't account for taste, or open-mindedness.

I still think the DB9 is the loveliest. Yes, it's a bit more sprawling than the tauter Vantage, but it has a grace to it's flow down the sides and the roofline that I find to be pure fine art. Since I'd rather have my 997S for true "sports car" intentions, if I were to buy an Aston, I'd try to keep my 997S for hardcore fun, and go with the DB9 as nothing more than a sweet indulgence.

I agree. I think each of the Aston Martins in their current line-up is beautiful, I'm not going to go as far and call them ugly or something that's designed for a "teenage girl." I appreciate automotive design, and I think Aston Martin is as gorgeous as they come (I would take them over Ferraris) but it's definitely a different beast from a 911. I wouldn't buy an Aston and drive it around the weekends for fun, I think that duty will always be relegated to my Porsche cars. However, I would use the Aston on a special occasion basis only. It would be my exclusive car that is brought out only for "exclusive" events.

For the price of a Vantage, I'll probably pick up a 997C2S Cab instead, with the PowerKit