Quote:
Dan L said:
Only comment I can provide comes from Porsche. I read that when they designed the 997 they started with the assumption that they were going to go with 19 in wheels. As a result, they did extensive testing with that size and literally tore apart 996 suspensions because of the added stress caused by the 19s. They ended up totally replacing the 997 suspensions with a new design. Apparently wheel size makes a big deal with performance (ability to handle curves) but comes at a price,--suspension upgrades. Would one inch make a difference? Hard to really evaluate. I'm sure PCNA will hide behind the warranty should you suffer from premature suspension problems from up sizing to 20s.

And....it is a west coast thing.

Dan

I can't help but think that if Porsche wanted 20's instead of 18 or 19's then they would have done so. The 19's give a firm enough ride, don't think I would care for the extra firmness of the 20's. Also, IMO, the 20's overpower the cars design. I loved tooners car before he put those oversized wheels on. It still looks nice; however, now the 1st thing that draws my focus is the wheels not the beautiful paint, lines, etc. I believe the wheels should compliment the car not be the focal point. As I've said before- as long as the owner is happy...!