I understand that sometimes, a brand's image may have something to do with its pricing and higher priced product may seem to project a more sophisticated image.

I had a discussion yesterday with a friend of mine. He said he would always want a Ferrari. However, when I said I begged to differ... he didn't trust me that I would want a 997 TT over a F430 anytime... when he asked why? I said cos Porsche projects a more vibrant, energetic image... i.e., it's young and hip. Alternatively, I said frankly speaking, even if I were have the $$$ today, I would still pick a 997 TT over a F430. He sortta disagree but the image of a brand is a subjective issue.

I am 30 this year and am using my hard earned money to buy my first entry level Porsche. Although it is a 987s (in HK, it costs me my arm, my leg and my head at 115K USD... and my full down payment for my mortgage is so OUT) but I am waiting for its delivery. I hope to enjoy it but I do love the 997 TT which will run me into the 220K range USD and it is a car which I think I would want to drive. I don't think even at 50-60 I would want a Ferrari... it's just not very me. Oh well... Porsche to me is forever young and forever there!