Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Quote:
tdf360 said:
Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Ferrari details that its F430 will be replaced by a newly designed model in 2008?? that can't be, that wouldn't be fair to current F430 onwers

That would be a four year run, average has been five, but four is not outrageous. Why would it hurt?

Gary

I was thinking about the states, in Europe you could and can get a F430 quick, but considering the US is 50% of Ferrari's market and the significant delay in the delivery of the F430 had to US, that would make it a 2-3 year run for US customers or think of the people that are still waiting for one. Thats why I say it can't be, 2008 would be way too early and would make a lot of owners unhappy.

US isn't 50% of F's mkt (it's only about 33%)...that's the fund factor behind F scarcity in US and its high resale value in US....

If F shipped 50%+ of its cars to US, I suspect 430 would quickly become like P....easy to get w/unremarkable-to-weak resale value as the many poseurs who buy 430s w/premise of great resale value would scamper away.....

More importantly, what "position" is this svelte female in the passenger seat assuming when supposedly bad things happen w/airbag deployment?????

F ain't known for its safety systems, and NHTSA is the same agency that approved all kinds of "safe" cars like the Explorer rollover SUV, Crown Vic/Lincoln fuel tank exploder, etc etc....so this whole debate is akin to politicians terming used car salesmen/pedophiles as "immoral/unsavory" characters.....