Quote:
lavaman23 said:
Good quality pics...however the front LEDs and spots still looks suspect.

The bumperettes makes the rear bulbous and the two single flat exhausts looks odd compared to the quads on the 997S. Wheels look aftermarket as many have commented - here's hoping Porsche will make a 3rd generation Turbo turbine wheels - those Cayenne style monstrosities doesn't suit the car one bit. 4 out of 10 for design IMO.

The fron LED lights are still a little bit camouflaged, thats why. The car looks in reality very good, you just have to wait to see it live. The only thing I would have done a little bit different are the exhaust pipes but compared to the 997 CS they don't look odd since this is the Turbo and not the Turbo S (remember, the 997 Carrera has similar pipes). The wheels are just beautiful, I really don't understand what people want. Finally, Porsche got away from the "bulky" Turbo wheel design they used on the 993/996 Turbo.

Funny enough, this whole discussion remembers me of the discussion we had in 1999 when the 996 Turbo was due.
There was one guy named Viken B. by that time, he owned a 993 Carrera 4S. He made so much fun of the 996 Turbo design, he ended up with a F360 and probably drives a F430 now. A Porsche isn't only about looks, it is about functionality. But I still like how they look, sorry. It may be a matter of personal taste and preferences.