Quote:
RC, if someone wants to come down and buy a car directly from AMG in Affalterbach, does AMG allow test drives of its cars de-limited to 186mph? Roads permitting? Are there any roads around AMG headquarters that permit this? Sorta like your E55 300km/hr vid?

As far as I heard, it depends on the customer. They have test cars available, they also sell cars directly in Affalterbach as far as I know. But not everybody gets the chance to drive such a car, they need some sort of assurance that the driver is really interested in buying one, that he can drive and that he comes back with the car.
I can give you a phone number at the AMG factory, maybe you (or the person who wants to come) should talk to them directly.
There are various Autobahns nearby which permit speeds of 300 kph but most Autobahns around Stuttgart are somehow speed limited. You need a test car at least for a couple of hours to be able to really testdrive it.

To understand why it is a problem with testdrives: last time we got a 911 Turbo with powerkit and sport suspension from Porsche, the Porsche employee kindly asked us to return the car in one piece (he knows us ) because it is the only testcar they have with both options together (powerkit and sport suspension).