Quote:
I was at a showroom yesterday and they had a SL65 on the floor. I just want some opinions before I go ahead and make a decision. I didn't like the 65 in the beginning, but after seeing it a couple times... it grew on me The problem is the price, they want $320,000(which is normal here, considering the %250 tax on exotics) for it. Which seems way too much for a Mercedes IMO, I could rather spend a little more and get a 2nd hand 360 spider or spend much less and get a 2nd hand 360 Modena. What do you think I should do? btw my sl is obsidian black and so is that 65(there are only 2 black 65's in SA) on the floor

any opinions appreciated. thanks

honestly, even if money was no issue at all, i wouldn't.

of course it's always nice to have the "top of the range" product, not to speak about the desirability of a twin turbo V12 engine... but IMO the SL 65 has more power than it can get to the ground. a friend of mine test drove it half a year ago, there was nearly no normal driving situation where the ESP didn't interfere somehow. and car was feeling quite heavy on the front end (what a surprise )

SL 55 is just enough, IMO the SL 65 is just showing off. but kind of senseless showing off.