Quote:
Turbo Al said:
Quote:
Hurst said:
First of all, phenomenal job. These pictures are beautiful, your comparison was insightful...everything done very well.

Secondly:
Quote:
Al Pettite Said:

Zzboba,

From a marketing standpoint alone, it seems illogical to me for P to not have PDK available at launch-since this is when all eyes will be on the car-so one still wonders if all 3 trannies (6SP, Tip, PDK) could be available this year. And P would perhaps keep the PDK cars hidden from view so sharpshooters like mumbasic can't catch pics of it until official release? Any thoughts?

I disagree. I think its about volume sales. You go to the release with tip/6spd. You market the tip as faster than the 6spd so they sell like hot cakes to non-Porschephiles where PDK doesn't really matter, numbers, looks and exclusivity (first slavo of release) matters...

The speculative buyer waits for the PDK on the second slavo (6 months maybe more in advance) and the sales keep churning. Porsche dumps obsolete Tip cars (inferior to the PDK in every aspect) and still makes a killing doing it. I don't see them doing it any other way based upon the rumors etc...

Good point, except the only way for Tip to be faster than manual would be to program the ECU to raise power and torque for the Tip. But certainly they could stagger the Tip and PDK for the non-manual market as you described.

True. I'm basing part of this analysis on the whole "3.7 0-100kmph" rumor for the Tip, which has been rumored to be faster than the manual (either for ECU proddings or due to the new VTG