noone1:

Please explain to the forum why it matters what they call their different cars. Are trims lower performance than models? Are models slower than variants? It's a car. You either want one or you don't. That's all there is to it.

If we started calling tomatoes dog shit, would you think it's gross to eat a tomato all of a sudden? Would you not have bought your Huracan Spyder if they called it the Huracan convertible?

God help you if you can't tell the difference between models and variants.

A 911 is a model. Within that model range there is  C2, C2S, C2 convertible, Turbo, etc. 

McLaren name it a bit differently. Their 'models' consists of the sports series, the super series and the ultimate series.

Within the sports series, there is the 540, 570 variants with coupe and spyders and GT.

Within the super series, the 720S will first come in coupe form then later on spyder. 

How the hell can McLaren have 15 'models' coming by 2020?

They gonna have the kitchen series, the living room series, the toilet series, the doghouse series, etc???

Plus,strictly speaking, McLaren ever only had one 'model', everything is based off the 12C platform and can be considered variants. They all have the same engine layout and wheelbase.

Porsche's 911 is also a 'platform' strictly speaking. It ranged from the C2 all the way to GT2RS. The body in white could be different, especially in width and fender openings, with roof or without, but the wheelbase stayed the same and so is the engine location. 

And btw, yes I will not eat tomato anyway, I think it tasted like shit.

As for the Huracan, I wanted to by the open top variant, and whatever they called the variant doesn't matter, it's the topless variant. Not a different model. Giving it different name doesn't make it a different model, it's still a variant.

--