Quote:
TimN said:
Wouldn't have bothered, and I still wouldn't: CD Changer, Parking Sensors, Colored Wheel Crests

CD Changer: I wouldn't bother. I was pretty sure I wouldn't use it, and so far I haven't.

Colored Wheel Crests: I'll probably replace these with unpainted ones. I've just never been crazy about how they look, esp. on a black car.

PSE: Honestly, I don't think I'm going to bother adding this now. I thought I'd really want it, but the car sounds just great as it is.

Sport Shifter: Coming from my S2000, which had about as short a shifter throw as I've ever seen on a road car, I was sure this was going to be a must-have for me. I was probably wrong though. The stock shifter does have a longer throw than I'm used to, but it's certainly not too long and it has a nice solid feel. I probably won't bother adding this either.

Let me add to Tim's comments. I've had my 997S for 14 months now. I've had the opportunity to drive without the PSE and sport shifter for half that time until I got the retrofit. There is no way I would go back to the standard exhaust after having PSE. No f'ing way. The PSE is the best option I've ever gotten! The sport shifter is nice, I wouldn't go back to the standard shifter either, but you do get really use to it and after a little while, you don't really pay that much attention to having it. The only problem is that when cold, the shifting into 1st is a bit a notchy. After driving for a while, it's like a hot knife throught butter.

As for colored wheel crests, believe it or not, this was the one stupid option that had me going back and forth for months while my car was on order. Now that I have it, I think it looks really sharp, expecially on a blk/blk with the yellow PCCB brake calipers. Really nice.

Lastly, the 6-CD changer was the one option I have never used before. I guess I should try it to make sure it works.