Quote:
OCEAN said:
Quote:
why WOULDN'T Porsche put out the most HP that they could in their Turbo / Turbo s?

It is more profitable to stretch it out over a few different models over a few years to keep people always buying the latest best thing . You can bet that they have the top of the line most HP ready but we will not see it on this first model , that would not be the most profitable move for them . They are going to spread it out over S models and power packages . I hate the way the real deal top of the line model does not come until the end of a model run . I hate that feeling of buying Porsche products and a year later they come out with somthing that make you wish you had the new model .

Ocean, isn't that what they have already done?

997c2....c2s....c4.....c4s....Turbo...and finally Turbo S. Is it really that much more profitable to make MORE (GT2, GT3, X51 etc) than 6 Variants of what is essentially (!!) the Same Wolf?

It's a silly little marketing gimmick imo. People are forever waiting to take delivery of their new vehicle and just as they do, P up the ante - and make you feel like you've just been conned by adding a new engine upgrade or facelift etc.

As you pointed out, it's actually quite sad that you have to wait well into the cycle life before you finally see the 'real deal.' I suspect most future P Turbo S Cab owners will be waiting until almost MY 2008/09 before they see their cars. And then what.....My 2010 brings us the 998!?