Last Wednesday I finally got my new ride. It is just awesome. Fit and finish are impressive and the sound of the PSE is intoxicating.
The interior has been improved remarkably. And the hips, I just love them...

The specs:

997S Sealgray
Full Black Leather
PSE
Adaptive Sport Seats
Carrera Sport Wheels
Colored Wheel Crests
Heated Seats
cruise Control
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Home Link
Sport Chrono Plus
Sunroof
PCM Phone Module
Bose sound system
Navigation system
Auto-dimming mirrors

I ordered the Carrera Sport Wheels without having seen them live. The order guide said they come painted in GT silver with a polished lip. However, they delivered my car with the wheels painted in body color (doesn't really show on the pics though). This would have been another $1200-option which apparently I got for free. A pleasant surprise!

PSE is - as many other have reported here already - a must-have. The Adaptive seats hold you almost bucket-like and are also a must IMO. The other options are just goodies that are nice to have and add to the overall experience.

Why no -20mm/LSD? That is a long story. Since I hadn't had the chance to actually testdrive a -20mm, I was going back and forth about it during my 4-month wait driving myself and my sourroundings almost nuts (Dealer was not able to provide one). Beginning of November, a fellow rennteamer (thanks again Garfield5) offered me a testdrive in his car. I loved it, immediately called the dealer the next Monday. But..., the option list had been locked 2 days ago. Sh..t. Now after 200km with PASM, I am more that happy with it and the option of adjusting the damper according to my mood is just very practical. And for my occasional track driving, it will be more that good enough for my abilities.

Overall, an impressive piece of engineering and a gorgeous stablemate to my 1988 Carrera Convertible. I like the design clues they carried over from the original to the 997.

As I won't put winter tyres on, there won't be much seat time over next 3-4 month. However, I will probably sleep in the garage to compensate for that. It will probably be the longest winter I have ever experienced...

Some pics as promised, but don't expect too much, I ain't no Gnil and we haven't gotten any real snow in the eastern part of Switzerland.