Quote:
69bossnine said:
Easy to go faster, hence the use in professional sport, but about as fulfilling as letting the pool boy pleasure your wife for you (unless your wife is mean or ugly or both), while you hold her legs and bark orders at him.

Ha ha ha ha, that's the best metaphor I have seen in a long time Here's to "being in total control"

Although I am a tech/gadget freak and would normally love something like PDK or Ferrari's F1 box, it doesn't give you the same "feel" as a manual box. Especially on a Ferrari or Lambo with their metal gate click-click action, and you can feel that car is "alive" through the vibrations in the stick and the gearbox flexing when you floor it.

For track use the computer gearboxes are perfect and much faster, but for that sunday afternoon drive - just you, the car, an open road, the sunset.... Using a computer gearbox in this situation is a bit like watching the sunset through a flatscreen tv, even if it is HDTV

Nor does it give you total control of the car in the same way a manual does. Watch Jason Platos Fifth Gear testdrive (on a track) of the Gallardo SE to see what I mean:
Lamborghini Gallardo SE fifth gear video