Quote:
69bossnine said:
Quote:
Al Pettee said:
Quote:
MKM said:
Everyone is talking about the fog lamps but the oval headlamps just dont do it anymore for the turbo look. They need a new design, more agressive, more angular.

They look great on the C2S but not on the turbo anymore.

The new wheels are welcome.

Nah, 993TT/TTS is still the best 911 aesthetically, as well.

The 3-strand/5-spoke straight wheel design ala Lambo and Ferrari on the camo-ed cars doesn't fit the 911's curvaceous lines, especially on the TT.

I disagree. The 911 is begging for some contrast, some crisp razor "edge" in the wheel to break up all the blob-i-ness in the body. The Turbo Twists looked as if they were inspired by Play-Doh. Now, they're getting back to a grittier machined-alloy look, far more purposeful and serious.. Bravo.

A curvaceous woman looks best in a pair of delicate-but-aggressive heels, not in a pair of fleece bunny-rabbit slippers. Just because she's got soft curves, doesn't doom her to comfy shoes.

Different headlamps for the Turbo?? Nonsense... I think the success of the 997 thusfar underlines the "home run" that Porsche nailed with the basic design, getting back in act of evolving the icon, rather than inventing a Frankenstein.

69bossnine, well said.....