Quote:
Al Pettee said:
Quote:
stanwan said:
Quote:
Turbo 911 said:
I doubt it can outperform the Porsche GT3s - why you ask? I think it is because Aston are behind Porsche on cornering and handling - they were convinced that the AMV8 would be faster than a 997 911 around the Nurburgring - it wasn't. The AMV8 in Top Gear was slower by 6 seconds around a small track in the Isle of Man (UK) than the 911S. Astons at the moment I think are more like motorway cruisers rather than focused sports cars. I believe there is no substitute for Porsche and so I doubt an Aston AMV8 RS can come close to even say a 996 GT3 (e.g. look at its weight! - for an RS!)

How's about a noble?

The M400 beats the 996GT3RS on the track, as well as on the road, point-and-shoot, the M400 goes 0-60mph 3.3-3.5 (depending on whether or not you add weight with AC and a stereo ), 0-100mph <8seconds, but any 911 has faster top speed. My M400 should be ready by March/April 2006, so I'll write a comparison between it and my 996TSCab next year.... Unless, I trade 'em all in for an Enzo beforehand as JimFlat6 has suggested.

Al, Trade em in, at least on a CGT - the last real
Porsche made (ask me why later), or go slumming in a 288GTO or F40.

The Noble will be amusing at first, the TS Cab makes a great top down snow plow and the 997TTS will surely be too serious in its usual Porsche Turbo angst laden driving way.

In the world of car ownership, they are nice, but still a tier or two down from the true pinnacles of emotion and driving brio

Think of it like this, if its attainable, wouldnt you rather drink Cyrstal or Dom instead of Mumms or fizzed up Rhine Wine?