Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Is Porsche still a love story?

If people like me and you and the others who are "loosing" their precious time to spend it here with fellow enthusiasts, are unhappy, then the love story is over.
Right now, we may have some difficulties in our relationship but nothing which can't be sorted out IF both parties try hard. I think Porsche needs to understand that although the Carrera GT is a very fine product and definetely a supersportscar worth owning, the 911 Turbo is still the car people will see very often on the street and point their fingers at it. And it is somehow "accessible" from a financial point of view, as weird as it may sound. For me, the 911 Turbo scrapes at my financial pain limit, I don't think I could spare a dime more for this car.
It would be a pitty if the 997 Turbo ends up in the hands of poseurs, collectors or just as a weekend garage queen, the 911 flagship doesn't deserve it.

I still trust Porsche and their surprises, so maybe we're lucky. But even if the 911 Turbo gets 500 HP or more, I'm still left with a bitter taste on my tongue: why didn't the Carrera get 381 HP from the start?!