Porker:

Brilliant Crayphile! Looking forward to further impressions! 

I saw the virtually complete car in California on Friday, and a huge bonus was to be able to spend an hour or so driving it on some magnificent mountain curves in and around Sun Valley. Believe the hype - this is an extraordinary car Smiley and worth every cent of its eye watering price. I'm still smiling and its 48 hours later. This had to be one of the highlights of my motoring  life to date. The throttle response ,  gear change and associated sounds are mesmerising. The steering is exquisitely sensitive and precise to all the inputs one gives it. Despite the light weight and performance the set up is incredibly forgiving. Its no old style 964 pendulum but completely planted to the ground and when the tail does wiggle its really easy to bring it back in to line with steering and throttle inputs. The steel brakes were great. The high biting point on the clutch takes a little getting use to but is easy in the end. Those of you with more  964/ 993 experience  - was this a feature of them? More reports and photos once the car goes live on the internet  - most likely in January. I will have it flown back in mid January to avoid possible hold ups over the Christmas and New Year period  - one can't be too careful with such a jewel.