BiTurbo:
RC:
pmarkow:

what was wrong with the boxster S after all?

Boring...just not my thing, didn't feel right for me but I got this car mainly for my wife, just to realize that she barely uses it (kids). Same goes to the 991.1 Turbo S. Panamera Turbo S was just not me, a sedan...I felt old in this car, like a serious business man, just without a chauffeur Smiley, it is difficult to describe. Should have gone for that Cayenne Turbo S I wanted in the first place but my wife wanted a Panamera. One reason I do not listen to my wife anymore when it comes to cars...actually, I do not ask her anymore at allSmiley Smiley She was right with the R8 though, she liked it from the start for me.

And the Cayenne that's about to replace the Macan ? I haven't read all the posts just a couple and have no idea what's about to happen Smiley

The Cayenne replaces my wife's Macan and is more fun to drive than the Macan, believe it or not. A SUV needs to feel like a SUV and the increased capacity of the Cayenne air suspension and probably better sensor/adjustment tech give the Cayenne a much calmer feel at high speeds and especially in curves. I actually thought the Cayenne S Diesel had PDCC...until I realized that there is no PDCC for the S Diesel. Smiley Also, the Cayenne interior provides a more luxurious high quality feel than the Macan interior. But again...this is my wife's car, not mine and believe it or not, my wife still doesn't like the Cayenne too much but the switch saves her some money (3-4k EUR for the next 18 months) and it solves a couple of problems with luggage room for future family vacations. 

Maybe this will make everyone happy

The RS6 was a huge disappointment for me. I'd prefer a Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S over it anytime. Even the SQ7 was more fun. Had a new RS6 Performance as a loaner for a week and while it is fast, it is not as much fun driving as I imagined before. Even had the Akrapovic exhaust system, which sounded like crap. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)