Quote:
Hurst said:
I kinda have to disagree. Although one could be faster in a 997s due to their lack of professional skill in handling a GT3, you can get so much more performance laden enjoyment from a GT3. Not to take anything away from the 997s, but the stiffer suspension of the GT3 as well as the dry sump motor makes it much more accessible in terms of performance driving.

Even if I went slower in a GT3, I'd take it over a 997s as a weekender car (not as a GT or a daily driver)

You should talk to some pretty "frustrated" and surprised GT3 drivers who had a 997 CS 20 mm chassis "encounter". If you're not a professional driver like Walter Röhrl for example, a driver with the same skills like you will always outrun you in a 997 CS 20 mm chassis.

Maybe you should watch Sergio (Sergini, one of our users) in his video on the Nordschleife, he can also tell you what a 997 CS can do on the track. The upcoming 997 GT3 will be a different beast, especially if the rumors are true that it comes with a newly developped/adapted PSM system.

A too stiff suspension may be fun because it feels sporty but on the Nordschleife and on other tracks, it is a huge disadvantage. Stiff doesn't mean sporty, one reason why the PASM equipped 997 Carrera S does better Ring times with the PASM sport setting (stiffer!) turned OFF.

Regarding the Walter Röhrl comment regarding the 997 CS: I don't know if he ever made such a comment, I just saw the numbers black on white. I can also assure you that a lot of track drivers got a lot of respect towards the 997 CS lately. There still aren't too many 997 CS out there to have a valid comparison, just wait another year or so and you'll understand what I mean.