Quote:
tincanman99 said:I would be more concerned with abject mechanical failures.

Well, i had that problem too.

But yes, I understand what you're saying--it's not like Ferraris are known for reliability, for instance. It is TOTALLY an issue of perception.

My perception is that Porsche IS becoming a volume seller. Not only that, they're getting massive markups for their vehicles. It shouldn't rattle like a Ford.

Hell, if they're willing to put in a Bose stereo option (which sucks, by the way), heated seats, cupholders and a baby seat in an effort to civilize the car, how can they expect people to not hold them to civilian expectations? A Boxster is not really that Super Hardcore.

Anyhow, I don't consider myself a prima donna--I'll put up with a mighty-cantankerous ride if it'll make me corner better, but rattles and squeaks in a daily driver will drive me bonkers. If it were an all carbon-fiber tub with no padding, a momo wheel in front of me and a six-point harness holding me in--a weekend fun car--that'd be another thing entirely.

(As for the Corvette comparison, well a Corvette goes a heck of a lot faster and costs a lot less than a Boxster S. Is that really an apt comparison for interior build quality? It doesn't feel right.)