Quote:
tincanman99 said:
Not understanding it but I would not expect a stiffly sprung convertible sports car to NOT have rattles. All convertibles squeak and creak. Its part of owning a sports car. I have a 65 Stingray convertible - not that car groans every time you drive it but it does not detract from the car.

I guess people are more sensitive nowadays.

I have driven very, very stiffly-sprung cars, i would not call a Boxster with the PASM in soft mode to be a stiffy-sprung car, really.

The rattles and squeaks bug me simply for one reason: they weren't there when I bought the car. I don't think it's proper for a $60,000 car to develop squeaks and rattles within 5000 miles. That tells me that things are rubbing or wiggling loose in ways that they shouldn't be.

In any case, it's not like I've returned the car because of squeaks and rattles. I take it to the dealership so that they're aware of the issue. If enough owners complain about something, it's likely that a technical bulletin will get issued addressing the problem. If no one complains, well, how can the problem be addressed?

I know how hard it is to fix squeaks and rattles in an automobile and if that's the level of workmanship that Porsche is satisfied with, then that's that. I'll live with it and be happy, but I also want to let the dealer and Porsche North America know that their cars rattle and squeak. Perhaps it will lead to improvements in the future, perhaps not.