Quote:
Revvv said:
Never, ever run tire pressures less than the ones posted
in your door jam. If you want a smoother ride, and you have standard suspension ; you probably chose the wrong car....
Revvv

VERY WELL said. The tire pressures recommended by Porsche are the minimum recommended tire pressures, going below them for street driving may damage the tire sooner or later and I'm talking about invisible damage which could result in dangerous situations.
For track racing, I highly recommend getting a second set of tires and rims. Lowering the tire pressure makes somehow sense for track racing but ONLY if you warm them up sufficiently before you seriously race them. The reason for lowering the tire pressure on the track? Well, simple: if you lower the pressure by 0.2-0.3 bar before you start racing, after some fast rounds, the tire pressure rises back to the recommended values. But this ONLY is recommended for track racing, including some cautious warm-up rounds and of course raising the tire pressure again back to normal when finishing track racing.

So whoever complaints about the 997's harsh ride, definetely bought the wrong car, sorry to say that.
And forget about what the dealer tells you: ALL Porsche recommended brands which are approved for the 997 have the SAME tire pressure in the same size, there is no pressure difference by tire brand, this is pure crap. Greeting to your dealer, he should be careful what he tells his customers. And I honestly doubt that the manual says something else than the sticker on the door. In my experience, most people don't even read the manual, did you?