Quote:
Mike S said:
but i think an Audi or VW or Lambo SUV isn't the main concern, it's Mercedes SUV... and they don't have control over that

I don't know about the US or about South Africa but Mercedes has a tough time over here selling high priced cars to "premium" customers. BMW and especially Porsche do much better over here, the X5 and even the new little X3 became somehow THE SUV of the wealthy people, the Cayenne is somehow even superior. The M-class never really got the attention it deserved. Mercedes had a lot of quality problems in the past, especially with the new E-class.

And especially at current fuel prices over here in Germany, I doubt that the ML500/ML63 AMG will find many customers over here. And the interesting thing is: if fuel prices keep on going up over here, Porsche's decision to build the Panamera could actually be on the most important decisions they've taken since the Cayenne introduction. Because when Cayenne sales drop, the Panamera could "take over", especially since it will be build in Leipzig too. Very clever decision.